Tuesday 8 October 2013

Appam / அப்பம்

Khuzhi Appam



Hai friends,

Finally I learnt how to do this Kuzhi Appam. My favourite dish.

My mom does it very very well. I don't know how to express, it will be that much soft; hmmmm.... no words to say.....

Till now I know only to eat. But, Mummy....... I learnt it how to make. Ya hooooooooo.......................

Here is the recipe:




Ingredients:


Raw rice  -  1 cup
Rice flakes (Aval)  -  1/2 cup
Jaggary   -  1 1/2 cup
Cardomom   -  4

Coconut (grated)  -  1/4 cup
Oil  -  as required
Salt  -  1 pinch

 



Method:


Soak Rice and Aval separately for 2 hours.
Grind rice and aval separately. Add jaggary and cardamom and grind altogether to make a thick batter. 
Batter must be thick and not watery.
Add a pinch of salt and grated coconut to the batter and mix well.

Preheat the Appakkaaral (Kuzhi Paniyaram Pan) and put little oil in each Kuzhi. Pour the batter in each kuzhi. Put little oil and cook both sides in medium flame.

Serve hot.




Looks nice.  Am I right, friends?






Please leave your valuable comments to my improvement.

Have a nice day.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Poorni,

    This I was searching for long.
    I bought one Mould and tried many time, but always failed miserably. Definitely I would try next holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Akka! Please send the feedback, that how it came!

    ReplyDelete