Saturday 28 September 2013

Beetroot Soup without Onion & Garlic


Beetroot Soup without Onion & Garlic


Today I tried a very different soup. All these days I was thinking that Soups cannot be done without Onion and Garlic but to my surprise, today I didn't use any garlic or onion, and it came very well.  You don't believe; My father-in-law will never take any contemporary dishes such as soups, but today, after tasting the soup, he asked for the second time. Oh! that was a great thing. I felt like, "VASHISHTAR VAAYAAL BRAHMARISHI PATTAM VAANGINADHU POLA"...


 
 

Ingredients
 

White Pumpkin (Chopped) - 1 cup

Beetroot (Chopped) - 1 cup

Sweet Corn - 1/2 Cup

Tomato - 1

Ginger - a small piece

Green Chilli - 1

Coriander leaves (finely Chopped) - 1/4 cup

Cumin Powder - 1tsp

Pepper Powder - 1tsp

Salt - to taste



(Actually I used the water of pumpkin, beetroot and corn which I boiled separately in pressure cooker for today's lunch.)
 

Method
 

Boil the Pumpkin, Beetroot and Corn separately in a pressure cooker. Don't drain the water.

Peel off the tomato skin and cut it into big pieces.

Grind tomato, green chilli, ginger and little coriander leaves. Make it to a fine paste.

Take a thick bottomed pan, add the paste, boiled vegetables with the water and cumin powder and mix it well. Bring to boil in low flame.

Add salt.

Garnish with pepper powder and coriander leaves. Serve hot.



 

As it is without Onion and Garlic, we can take during our Vrath days also.

Have a nice day. 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Poo, it is nice that you are attempting healthy foods and lifestyle. Keep it up. I will try it with my kids and tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very useful for bachelor's... Easily we can make it by use mami's methods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup seems to be very appetizing. Will give a try for sure.
    Come back to you with results.
    Nirmala

    ReplyDelete